Winter storm ‘Juno’ has passed us by and thankfully only left about two inches of snow in his wake. It’s hard to believe how drastically different the effects of the storm were further north–parts of Massachusetts received nearly three feet of accumulation during the blizzard! Did any of you get snowed in today?
I created a textural blend of wool, leather, and suede for this cold weather look that’s both chic and warm. You may remember this reversible plaid ruana when I wore it here, but this time I switched to the black and white side for a look that doesn’t say ‘holiday’ quite as much as the red tartan. This ruana has sold out, but I found a near identical style which I linked below. Since this poncho is quite oversized, I balanced the proportions of the outfit by pairing it with sleek leather-like jeans and thigh high boots. A wool fedora and elbow length leather gloves add a touch of sophistication and round out the ensemble.
- Ruana (Macy’s–sold out; near identical on sale here)
- Turtleneck (Ann Taylor–no longer available; similar)
- Hat (Brixton)
- Gloves (C. Wonder; another great pair on sale)
- Pants (7FAM)
- Boots (Stuart Weitzman; available here and here)
- Bag (Brahmin; available here and here)
- Lip (Clinique ‘Matte Crimson’)