For a look that mixes edgy with sweet, a pastel coat worn with black distressed denim does the trick. I love pairing pink and gray as well as pink with black, so I decided to combine all three for this outfit. A houndstooth pattern in shades of gray complements my coat while breaking up the solid colors of the ensemble.
My favorite way to wear a pastel coat is by contrasting it against dark pieces. This black denim background allows the coat’s soft hue to stand out and keeps the outfit from looking too saccharine. Pastel coats are a cheerful way to brighten gloomy days and liven up your winter wardrobe. Speaking of winter, there’s the potential for a sizable snowstorm around here this weekend. As much as I enjoy spending snow days at home, I’m already thinking of warm spring weather!
- Coat (Express–no longer available; beautiful options here and here)
- Sweater (J. Crew–on sale with an additional 40% off using code ENDOFSEASON)
- Scarf (J. Crew–sold out; very similar on sale)
- Sunglasses (Chanel)
- Denim (AG Adriano Goldschmied)
- Booties (Belle by Sigerson Morrison)
- Bag (Elaine Turner–now on sale!)